In this post, we are going to discuss the Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA Course). Here you will get all information about this course like, its Eligibility, Subjects, Fees and other details.
Bachelor of Computer Application Course overview:
|Course Name||Bachelor of Computer Application|
|Course type||undergraduate degree|
|BCA Eligibility||10+2 passed with minimum 50% marks|
|BCA course duration||3 years|
|BCA Admission process||Merit and Entrance Based|
|BCA Course fees||₹ 2 – ₹ 3 Lakh|
|Average Salary||₹ 4 – ₹ 5 LPA|
|Top Recruiter||TCS, Capgemini, Infosys, Accenture, Wipro, NIIT, HCL|
BCA full form Bachelor of computer application is an undergraduate degree course. It’s a fabulous option for those who love computers, and coding and especially for those who want to be a Software Developer or Software Engineer. In India I.T. industries are growing very fast and the demand for I.T. professionals is increasing day by day. The development of the IT industry in India is giving great career opportunities.
BCA course is one of the preferable degree courses in the field of computer science after the BCA students can do M.C.A. It can be used as an alternative to B tech [CS]. It’s also a technical degree course. It is a 3 years degree course that is divided into 6 semesters. Every semester students have to study different programming languages like C, C++, Java, Oracle, Web designing, networking, and data structure. It’s a great career option for those who want to make their career in the field of computer science or Information Technology. Here are the complete details, you can go through them for detailed information.
A BCA Course Has Several Benefits
- The Bachelor of Computer Application programme trains students for work in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, information technology, trading, finance, software, transportation, and education, using computer programmes, programming languages, and information technology.
- Many students find the BCA study to be a financially rewarding option due to the rising demand for Technology and government policy support. By 2025, the IT sector is predicted to reach USD 19.93 billion, with more than 1 lakh employment being offered by prominent IT companies like TCS, Wipro, and Infosys.
- India will host the next stage of the IT revolution with 76 crore internet users and growing. According to Gartner, IT investment will increase to USD 101.8 billion in 2022. courses in digital marketing
- The Indian software sector will benefit greatly from the contributions of BCA graduates. The software product business will reach USD 100 billion by 2025, predicts IBEF, thanks to increased worldwide delivery centres and ongoing attention to international markets.
- The Bachelor of Computer Application graduates’ database management skills will be crucial in the data annotation business, which IBEF projects would grow from USD 250 million in FY20 to USD 7 billion in 2030.
- The creation of jobs in India has largely come from the Technology sector. In FY22, the industry added more than 4,40,000 new workers, bringing the total number of professionals engaged there to 50 lahks.
For whom is a BCA Course appropriate?
It has been highlighted that a student entering a certain field needs to have some skills and personality qualities pertaining to that subject. For this BCA course, the following students are eligible:
- Everyone who wishes to work in the IT industry or further their career in that field should enrol in this course.
- A strong foundation can be built through studying BCA for students who have finished intermediate school and desire to pursue undergraduate degrees or MCA degrees.
- Anybody with a BCA degree can choose to work as a data analyst, network administrator, software developer, or in another IT-related field.
BCA course Eligibility
Here are the details of BCA Course Eligibility: To move further with this or with any courses students should take a look at their eligibility for these courses. Before planning for the examination it will be good to check whether you are eligible or not.
Candidates who want to pursue the Bachelor of Computer Application must fulfil these criteria:-
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- They must have scored 50% in 10+2.
- It must include English and Mathematics.
- The age limit for this is 17 minimum and 23-25 maximum.
Database management systems, operating systems, software engineering, computer architecture, web technology, and languages like C, C++, HTML, and Java are frequently emphasised in the foundational BCA syllabus.
In a BCA course, you would generally spend 6 semesters studying the following BCA subjects:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|C Programming Lab||Data Structures Lab|
|Statistics I For BCA||Operating Systems|
|Hardware Lab||Communicative English|
|PC Software Lab||Case Tools Lab|
|Digital Computer Fundamentals||Basic Discrete Mathematics|
|Creative English||Data Structures|
|Introduction To Programming Using C||Visual Programming Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Domain Lab||Language Lab|
|C++ Lab||DBMS Project Lab|
|Database Management Systems||Computer Networks|
|Financial Accounting||Professional English|
|Interpersonal Communication||Financial Management|
|Introductory Algebra||Programming In Java|
|Software Engineering||Web Technology Lab|
|Object-Oriented Programming Using C++||—|
BCA subjects 3rd year
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Business Intelligence Lab||Advanced Database Management System|
|Graphics And Animation Lab||Multimedia Applications|
|Unix Lab||Computer Architecture|
|Business Intelligence||Multimedia Applications|
|Graphics And Animation||Introduction To Soft Computing|
|Unix Programming||Cloud Computing|
|User Interface Design||Client-Server Computing|
|OOAD Using UML||—|
|Web Designing Project||—|
|Python Programming Lab||—|
The BCA curriculum covers a range of topics, including Python programming, Discrete Mathematics, English, Software Engineering, and Financial Management. This is a description of each of the major BCA course subjects:
BCA subjects 1st year
First-year BCA subjects aid in students’ understanding of the course’s fundamental concepts. The primary BCA first-year subjects are listed below.
- Introduction to C Programming: The general-purpose programming language C is used extensively in a wide range of applications, operating systems, scientific computers, and game creation, among other things. As well as Programming Classes for Computers
- Basic Discrete Mathematics: Mathematical objects and systems that are “discrete” rather than “continuous” are the focus of discrete mathematics. It covers subjects like number theory, logic, set theory, graph theory, combinatorics, and logic.
- Creative English: The term “creative English” describes the use of language in inventive and creative ways to convey thoughts and feelings. To have a greater impact on the reader or listener, it entails the use of literary elements like metaphors, similes, and alliteration.
Second-year BCA subjects
The second-year BCA syllabus includes both core academics and practical subjects.
- Software Engineering: The creation and upkeep of software systems is the focus of software engineering. The design, development, testing, and maintenance of software systems involve the application of engineering concepts.
- Financial Management: Planning, arranging, directing, and controlling financial activities are all included in the definition of financial management. Maximizing shareholder value while reducing risk is the primary goal of financial management.
- Java programming: Java is a well-liked programming language used for a variety of applications, such as the creation of websites, corporate software, and mobile apps.
Third-year BCA subjects
The third year’s BCA subjects are primarily elective with a few essential areas.
- Graphics and Animation: The development of visual pictures and the modelling of motion are two closely related disciplines in the realm of graphics.
- Cloud computing: Cloud computing has many benefits, including reduced costs, increased availability and dependability, greater teamwork, and increased flexibility.
- Python Programming: Web development, data analysis, machine learning, and scientific computing are just a few of the applications that make use of the popular high-level programming language Python.
Bachelor of Computer Application: Skill requirement
|strong knowledge of programming||A solid understanding of computers and IT|
|Ability to create applications for real-world situations||Critical Analysis|
|powerful communication abilities||Creativity|
|Team effort||Solid database Knowledge|
BCA Colleges in Delhi
Here is the list of BCA colleges in Delhi:
|GGISPU: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|RCIT: R.C. Institute Of Technology|
|SCMT: Shikshapeeth College Of Management And Technology|
|IITM: Institute Of Information Technology & Management|
|VIPS – Vivekananda Institute Of Professional Studies|
|Jamia Hamdard University|
|Chanderprabhu Jain College Of Higher Studies & School Of Law|
|Fairfield Institute Of Management And Technology|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute Of Management And Research|
BCA Colleges in Mumbai
Here is the list of BCA colleges in Mumbai:
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University|
|Sahyog College Of Management Studies, Thane|
|Chandrabhan Sharma College Of Arts, Science & Commerce|
|Dr. BMN College Of Home Science|
|S K Somaiya College|
|S.K Somaiya College|
|Smt. P.N. Doshi Women’s College|
|National Institute Of Management|
BCA Colleges in Kolkata
Here is the list of BCA colleges in Kolkata:
|Techno India University|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus|
|JIS College Of Engineering|
BCA colleges in Bangalore
Here is the list of BCA colleges in Bangalore:
|Poona College Of Arts, Science And Commerce|
|Administrative Management College|
|Garden City University|
|SJES College Of Management Studies|
|Kristu Jayanti College|
|St. Joseph College|
Post-graduation after BCA course
After completing the BCA course you can go for post-graduation and for this you must go for MCA. A lot of people are confused regarding this they don’t understand for what they are looking, many people advise that they thought to do MBA or others after it. But it’s not the right way you must focus on your best point if you have a degree in BCA it means you have the knowledge of computer science so why do you choose another be a smart man choose the one in which you are best. And after completing post-graduation [MCA] you can also go for M.Tech. But it is necessary to do M.Tech because it’s not going to give too much mileage.
Courses after 12th arts with high salary
Scope, Career and job opportunities after Bachelor of Computer Application
After completing the Bachelor of Computer Application there are numerous options available. There are so many IT-based companies that are ready to recruit you as freshers with a reasonable salary pack. You can do a job in any IT-based company and you can also go for big companies like Wipro, Facebook, and Google there is a lot of option available after it. And if you want to further study and get specialised in your field so you can go for MCA and PhD. It will be a very great deal with your career.
A BCA course graduate can get a job not only in India, but can also get jobs abroad. You can work as a junior software engineer, programmer, software developer, and system administrator. You can get jobs in the private sector and also you can go to the public sector. There are many government organisations like NIC, the INDIAN ARMY, the INDIAN AIR FORCE, and the INDIAN NAVY that also recruits a large number of computer professionals for their IT departments. So as you wish you can choose any single option according to your interest.
You will have a wide range of professional options available to you after earning your undergraduate degree because the Bachelor of Computer Application is regarded as an employment-focused education. Graduates in computer applications may choose to enrol in an MBA or Master in Computer Applications programme to further their studies. Software development, cloud computing, ethical hacking, and system security are just a few of the specialities covered in a postgraduate degree or postgraduate certificate programme in computer applications.
The fields of information technology, web design, digital marketing, banking, logistics, data communications, desktop publishing, e-commerce, consultancy, system maintenance, and cloud networking are among those where graduates of the Bachelor in Computer Applications programme might find work.
Many colleges provide a number of certification programmes. Network administrators and Network Operations Specialists can enrol in the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) credential programme. Graduates of the BCA course might launch their own startups or work as freelancers.
Top companies for BCA course graduates:-
After finishing the Bachelor of Computer Application programs, there are numerous employment choices available in both the public and private sectors. Nearly everyone uses a computer or a mobile device. Due to their omnipresence, BCA course graduates now have many employment options. One may begin working in MNCs and IT companies in an entry-level capacity after completing the programme. BCA course graduates have a greater advantage in finding rewarding employment thanks to their understanding of various software tools and programming languages. To improve one’s chances of landing a decent job and a big raise, one must study the most popular and in-demand programming languages.
Some e-commerce businesses need a large number of Bachelor of Computer Application graduates to fill a variety of job categories. You can enrol in a postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma programme if you’d want to learn more about computer applications and enhance your subject expertise. Students have employment options outside of the commercial sector and graduate school, including positions with the government’s railways, banks, and military. To work in any of these government entities, one must succeed in the tough exams, though.
There are too many companies in the market that are ready to give jobs to computer professionals. Some of them are given here, these are the best and perfect companies for anyone but remember to get into these companies you have to make your standard like theirs.
Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
BCA Course Salary
Here are the BCA Course Salary details:
In the IT field it’s very easy to get a job for BCA freshers there are so many companies that are ready to recruit freshers. They offer a good package, you can get an initial salary package of ₹ 20,000 to 40,000 per month. So just decide what you have to do, BCA course is a very good option for anyone you just need to let yourself decide your future.
So this is the end of this post. Here we have discussed BCA Course and its other aspects like subjects, fees, colleges and many more.
FAQ on BCA Course
Question 1. What is a BCA course? Answer. A professional degree offered by universities and colleges is a Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) Degree. In order for students to be successful in computer science and information technology, the course is meant to give them the knowledge and abilities necessary.
Question 2. Is BCA a good course after 12th? Answer. After completing senior secondary school, BCA is among the top courses you can take. It is a subfield of electronics, computer science, and information technology.
Question 3. Is the BCA course a tough degree? Answer. NO, the BCA programme is not particularly challenging. You can study the BCA course even if you know very little or nothing about computer science because all the topics will be explained to you from scratch and your computer science basics will be clarified.
Question 4. What is the scope of BCA? Answer. BCA offers a wide range of career options. You will be qualified for entry-level employment or to continue your education with an MBA or MCA. If you have the necessary expertise and abilities, finding work in anything from banks to game design companies is simple. Worldwide, students might work as independent contractors or for large MNCs.
Question 5. Is the BCA course good for the future? Answer. Is BCA a worthwhile major in 2023? BCA is a wonderful course, to begin with, if working in an IT company is your desire. It will facilitate learning about theoretical aspects of computing, such as data structures and algorithms, as well as application development and competitive computing.
Question 6. Can I do BCA without maths? Answer. If you don’t have math and computer science in your class 12th, you can still pursue a BCA. To qualify for a BCA, you must have completed your 10+2 in any subject or stream.
Question 7. What is the salary after BCA? Answer. In the business industry, BCA graduates can anticipate making between ₹ 2-6 LPA and between ₹ 15,000 and 35,000 per month. A BCA salary after 5–19 years of experience could be between ₹ 60,000–80,000 per month in the public sector and ₹ 7–1 crore per month in the private sector.
Question 8. Is BCA better than engineering? Answer. After graduation, a student with a B. Tech degree has more employment options than a student with a BCA degree. BCA grads can still find entry-level positions in software testing and development, and they can advance from there. BCA prepares you for computer work at the application level,
Question 9. Who earns more BCA or BTech? Answer. The annual compensation package for BCA grads may range from 2 to 8 lakhs. For BTech graduates, however, the annual pay package may vary depending on the institution from which they received their diplomas. The annual compensation package for students from prestigious universities, like the IITs, can range from 8 to 20 lakhs.
Question 10. Is BCA course in demand? Answer. Due to the rising need for IT specialists both domestically and abroad, BCA is one of the most sought-after technical courses. The essential topics linked to computer applications are covered in this three-year course, including databases, data structures, programming paradigms, and networking.